On 29 Nov, 2012, at 6:45 AM, Charles Srstka <cocoa...@charlessoft.com> wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Yi Lin <yionco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have tried using Snapshot as a way to undo my project to a previous
>> state, sort of like a powered-up version of undo, but it never works for
>> me. When I attempt to restore to a previous snapshot, even after minor
>> change, Xcode just crash. I am using the latest Xcode, and have tried this
>> on at least two projects of modest size.
>
> I must confess that I've never really understood the purpose of Snapshot.
> What does it provide that git and svn don't already?
>
> Charles

Mostly an easy automated crutch for people who find git and svn a bit too
technical. It seems to follow the current theme of quietly hiding multiple
copies of your files all over the drive until its full. And anyone who says
storage is cheap hasn't bought an SSD recently, which is the only upgrade which
made my MacBook Pro even vaguely usable since ML, actually went a whole day
without a 20 second beach ball.