On Nov 29, 2012, at 4:39 AM, "jonat...@mugginsoft.com"
<jonat...@mugginsoft.com> wrote:

> Interactive rebasing is quite straightforward.
>
> # fiddle with the last 10 commits
> git rebase -i HEAD~10

I think that what Greg was referring to was the fact that it can't be done from
within Xcode without dropping down to the Terminal, which is something that the
Xcode team could certainly fix.

> I also subscribe to the commit small and often philosophy.
> If I don't I tend to end up with a ball of changes that ultimately get
> committed under some very vague title as I have forgotten the detail of what
> I was doing.

That's exactly my experience as well. Then one of those changes in the commit
causes a side-effect, and on looking back on the change that caused it, you
can't remember what specifically it was supposed to do in the first place.

Charles