On 4 Dec 2012, at 06:26, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

> I think you're thinking about the problem too generally.
>
> The workflow manager is probably going to need to understand that the
> plugins it's running can have encounter exceptional conditions.
> Therefore, there should be a mechanism by which your processing plugins
> can inform the workflow manager of these exceptional conditions.

I would implement an alert controller that would accept prioritised alert
requests either from the app or a plug-in.

I would also ask myself whether a simple alert sheet is the way to go.
Alerts are asking for the user to attend.
If a plugin alert is displayed and then inexplicably replaced by another it
looks as if the software is conflicted.

Perhaps the alert controller displays a single dismissible window that contains
a scrollable prioritised list of active alerts.

Jonathan