Fritz Anderson wrote:
On 6 Dec 2012, at 2:47 AM, John Brownie <john_brow...@sil.org> wrote:

I am working on implementing printing, and have it working to the point where
the preview in the print sheet works. However, I get a crash if I then go on to
print or go to PDF (Open in Preview, Save as PDF). In the print case, I get
this crash:

2012-12-06 18:40:01.757 MyApp[43204:403] -[__NSCFString objectForKey:]:
unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fbe9f1d9830
What sort of memory management are you using?

The next thing I'd investigate is to see if you're setting or returning an
NSString in some method or structure that requires an NSDictionary. Audit your
code.

OK, found the problem. It was the print accessory panel returning an array of strings instead of an array of dictionaries for -localizedSummaryItems. Finding exactly what that is supposed to return is a little tricky, an exercise in chasing around the documentation. Weird that it wants the summary information to generate a file name...

John
--
John Brownie, john_brow...@sil.org or j.brow...@sil.org.pg
Summer Institute of Linguistics      | Mussau-Emira language, Mussau Is.