On 17 Dec 2012, at 10:11, Tamas Nagy <tamas.lov.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a chance in the application where only one,  borderless window
> displayed on the secondary screen, so there are possible circumstances where
> displaying a window-modal panel not quite useful.

Okay, but your example of when modality was required involved a project being
in an inconsistent state, and requiring information from the open dialog before
it was complete… In this scenario the open dialog can be attached to the
inconsistent project's window.

Or are you trying to assert that you can have the app sat there, doing nothing,
with no significant windows open, yet in an inconsistent state, and requiring
modal interaction to sort it out?

If that's your assertion, then I'd suggest you have a deeper seated design bug.

Thanks

Tom Davie