Another simple task made impossibly complex by the sandbox…
opening User_Manual_v3.6.pdf

When running in the sandbox what is the apple recommended step-by-step
replacement for these 2 lines of code?

NSString *userManual =  [[NSBundle mainBundle]
pathForResource:@"User_Manual_v3.6" ofType:@"pdf"];
[[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace] openFile: userManual]; // sandbox violation

My app is often used in venues where internet access is explicitly turned off.
So no, pointing to an internet URL is not the solution.
Why is an internet URL entitlement treated as safer than a file inside my code
signed bundle?

Why is there no simple entitlement for opening a *simple* pdf that is inside my
codesigned app bundle?
I know apple hates adobe, but come on!

Apple needs to publish the step-by-step replacement,
including step-by-step example of the required entitlements.

~K