On Dec 19, 2012, at 8:23 PM, cocoa-dev-requ...@lists.apple.com wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:18:12 -0800
> From: Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com>
>
> I’m popping up a UIAlert with a text field in it. I want the text field to
> auto-capitalize all words, and I want the Return key to dismiss the alert.
> I’m doing this by setting properties of the text field, but they have no
> effect at runtime. Here’s my code:
>
>    UIAlertView* alert = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle: title
>                                                    message: message
>                                                   delegate: self
>                                          cancelButtonTitle: @"Cancel"
>                                          otherButtonTitles: @"Create", nil];
>    alert.alertViewStyle = UIAlertViewStylePlainTextInput;
>    UITextField* titleField = [alert textFieldAtIndex: 0];
>    titleField.autocapitalizationType = UITextAutocapitalizationTypeWords;
>    titleField.returnKeyType = UIReturnKeyDone;
>    [alert show];
>
> When I run this, (a) there is no auto-capitalization at all, and (b) pressing
> Return merely hides the keyboard. What else do I need to do?

I don't know what's up with the autocapitalization, but there is no expectation
or contract that just because the keyboard dismissal key says Done it will also
dismiss a surrounding alert. It's a text field feature, not an alert feature.
If you want to dismiss the alert, dismiss it (in code). m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 5! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023562.do