I have a UITextField with a delegate. I implement textFieldShouldReturn: and
that returns a BOOL value. The docs say this about the return value

YES if the text field should implement its default behavior for the return
button; otherwise, NO.

I've never seen any difference in behaviour between returning YES or NO. What
is this default behaviour I'm asking it to do, or not do? Like most people, I'm
sure, I use this delegate method to choose whether to call resignFirstResponder
and pop down the keyboard, that you have to do for yourself whether you are
returning YES .. or NO, so I've never really understood the return value and
finally thought I'd ask.

Happy New Year everyone and thanks for all the help I got over the last 12
months, cocoa-dev has been generally a nice, and useful, place to hang out.