I am currently drawing a custom divider via -drawDividerInRect but want to
improve this and am not sure of the proper approach.

I would like to draw a divider similar to that in the Xcode Utilities view
which has the four buttons for Template, Code, Object and Media Libraries.

This divider is interesting in that with the cursor over the divider and not a
button it is the pane splitter and cursor and over a button it is the arrow.

How is this divider created and drawn … ?

-koko