On Jan 7, 2013, at 08:44 PM, Mike Abdullah <cocoa...@mikeabdullah.net> wrote:

> On 7 Jan 2013, at 16:35, Martin Hewitson <martin.hewit...@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Francisco,
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback!
>>
>> What you suggest sounds like it might fix the problem, but I'm wondering how
>> best to do this. Currently I'm just calling -remove: on the tree controller
>> to delete the selected object(s). Of course, if I clear the selection first,
>> then -remove: doesn't do anything. I can grab an array of the selected
>> objects before clearing the selection then use NSManagedObjectContext's
>> -deleteObject:. So something like this:
>>
>>   // get a pointer to the selected items
>>   NSArray *items = [self selectedObjects];
>>
>>   // clear selection
>>   [self setSelectionIndexPaths:@[]];
>>
>>   // now delete from the MOC
>>   for (NSManagedObject *item in items) {
>>     [self.managedObjectContext deleteObject:item];
>>     [self.managedObjectContext processPendingChanges];
>>   }
>>
>> Does that look sensible to you?
>
> Why are you calling -processPendingChanges at each iteration of the loop?
> Calling it yourself is rarely needed, and best done only with justification.

I read in that thread that I referenced (I think) that it may be necessary to
do this to avoid/handle objects being deleted twice (if a parent and child are
selected, then deleted). To be honest, I'm just trying things to see what
works. Since this problem only occurs on 10.6.8, I think I'm looking for a
work-around.

Martin