Razafrazin. Okay, you all thwarted my example. :-)

For sake of argument, assume that the work has to be done in an external
thread, or I have to jump in and out of the main thread some how. I'm not
actually using URL connections like this in the actual app, I was just
hoping that it was a nice simple example use case to give. For the actual
code, I wouldn't be able to just do a synchronous request.

-Jim....