On Jan 22, 2013, at 10:16 AM, Clay Heaton wrote:

> That's actually what I'm doing at the moment:
>
>    NSApplicationPresentationOptions options =
> NSApplicationPresentationHideDock +
> NSApplicationPresentationDisableProcessSwitching +
> NSApplicationPresentationHideMenuBar;
>    NSNumber *presentationOptions = [NSNumber numberWithUnsignedLong:options];
>    NSArray *keys   = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"NSFullScreenModeAllScreens",
> @"NSFullScreenModeApplicationPresentationOptions", nil];
>    NSArray *values = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:[NSNumber numberWithBool:YES],
> presentationOptions, nil];
>    NSDictionary *fullScreenOptions = [[NSDictionary alloc]
> initWithObjects:values forKeys:keys];
>
>    [glView_ enterFullScreenMode:[NSScreen mainScreen]
> withOptions:fullScreenOptions];
>
> There are a few problems:
> - The F4 key still allows process switching (Kiosk mode bug with
> NSApplicationPresentationDisableProcessSwitching; radar ID 12358575)
> - The function keys still pass through to the system (iTunes, brightness,
> etc.)
>
> The application is for toddlers
> (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toddler-typer/id566326332?mt=12). Several
> months of use and feedback show that they find and find joy from pressing the
> keys that pass through to the system. Since I'm trying to create an
> environment where they won't mess up anything on the computer, I don't really
> want them switching processes, etc.

Given that you're using -enterFullScreenMode:withOptions: and you do want to
capture the screen, you should leave out
NSFullScreenModeApplicationPresentationOptions.  The options that you're
passing are all implicit in capturing the display anyway.

Also, NSFullScreenModeApplicationPresentationOptions and
NSFullScreenModeAllScreens are identifiers.  You should use them as such, not
as the contents of strings.  (I don't know if the value of the string values
named by those identifiers happens to match the identifiers themselves.  Even
if they do, you shouldn't rely on that.)

Cheers,
Ken