On Jan 23, 2013, at 9:30 PM, Nick Rogers <roger...@mac.com> wrote:
> I was updating a few textfields from my sheetDidEnd:…. method.
> Just wondering if that was causing the crash (UI related error in main
> thread).

What happens if you *don't* update the text fields in your sheetDidEnd method?
Does it still crash?

Can you show us the code for the sheetDidEnd method just in case there's a clue
there?

Are you passing a contextInfo pointer to the sheetDidEnd message? If it's an
object reference, maybe you need to retain it (and then autorelease it in
sheetDidEnd), assuming you're not using ARC.

Are you using ARC?

Are you remembering to call orderOut: as mentioned in the Sheet Programming
Guide (unlikely to cause a crash, but worth checking)?

<https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/cocoa/conceptual/sheets/Tasks/UsingCustomSheets.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20001290-BABFIBIA>

Are the text fields in question *on* the sheet? If so, maybe you're trying to
modify them after they've been dealloc'ed due to the sheet being dismissed.

Does the stack trace show any of your code, or is it all Apple stuff?

Are there any meaningful error messages being logged?

Are you actually crashing or just throwing an exception? What if you add a
breakpoint exception?

--Andy