Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The code for HoverButton class is almost same as I posted in the first email
with the exception that in the following method I was removing trackingArea
before releasing it.

- (void)updateTrackingAreas
{
   if (trackingArea) {
        [self removeTrackingArea:trackingArea];// its there in the code that I
have
       [trackingArea release];
       trackingArea = nil;
   }
   [self ensureTrackingArea];
   [self addTrackingArea:trackingArea];
   [super updateTrackingAreas];
}
mouseEntered: and mouseExited: and other methods do not touch the trackingArea
at all.

This puzzled me and so I asked whether the tab view showing these button
changing tab item to another and thus making these buttons invisible would have
any repercussions. Or calling [super updateTrackingAreas]; at the beginning or
end of the method updateTrackingAreas would make any difference.

Another was any ill effect of removing and adding tracking area, which I am not
doing now as the button is not resizable.

Thanks,
Nick