On Feb 8, 2013, at 2:35 PM, Oleg Krupnov wrote:

> Here we go:
>
> [textView isVerticallyResizable] == YES
> [textView isHorizontallyResizable] == NO
> [[textView textContainer] heightTracksTextView] == NO
> [[textView textContainer] widthTracksTextView] == YES
>
> Does it mean something?

It looks good to me.  The important thing is that in each direction (horizontal
and vertical) only one or the other of the properties is enabled.

>> I'm not sure.  It may have something to do with Retina displays. I would
>> guess that the OS is generating a display configuration change notification
>> when it wakes, which is causing the view to refresh its layout.  You may be
>> able to reproduce the problem if you manually change the display
>> configuration on another, otherwise-unaffected system.
>
> Interesting idea! This could explain at least why only MacBooks are
> affected. But I tried Retina resolution emulation on my iMac, and the
> bug didn't reproduce… Is this the experiment that you mean?

Well, I just meant change your display configuration while the program is
running.  For example, change the display resolution.

> Could there be some other experiments that I can ask the user to
> perform on his MacBook when the bug occasionally reproduces again?

Not that I can think of.  It may be a framework bug, although if the setup is
as straightforward as you described, I would expect it to happen all the time.

Regards,
Ken