On 13/02/2013, at 12:04 PM, David Duncan <david.dun...@apple.com> wrote:

> Does your attributed string use an NSColor to specify the stroke color?

Maybe.... I'll check that out.

Actually that raises a point about using CoreText. There are new
NSAttributedString attributes that allow you to specify CT attributes directly,
such as kCTStrokeColorAttributeName, and I'm using these with CoreGraphics
types generally, e.g. CGColorRef.

But, the existence of CTLineCreateWithAttributedString(), and the fact that
CFAttributedString is toll-free bridged with NSAttributedString suggests to me
(and is not contradicted by documentation AFAICS) that all "classic" attributes
should be quietly dealt with by this function and converted as needed.

Are you suggesting that isn't true? If so that makes this very convenient
function a darn sight less convenient!

--Graham