On Feb 23, 2013, at 4:04 PM, William J. Cheeseman <wjcheese...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When a popover is still anchored to its parent window, the popover view's
> window is the parent window -- which makes sense, when you think about it,
> because a popover is just another view in the main window. When the popover
> is detached, the new, separate popover view's window is the detached popover
> window.

And now, simply by fooling around, I have discovered that you can solve the
problem at runtime by clicking in the Finder or some other application and then
clicking back in the detached popover window.

But when I try to profit from this observation by making the parent window key
after the detached popover window becomes key, and then immediately (or even
after a delay) making the popover window key again, the application goes into
the spinning rainbow world and crashes after a while -- both in my application
and in Apple's Popover sample application.

That's enough for me for today.

--

Bill Cheeseman - b...@cheeseman.name