I've been following this thread because I have a similar application in mind,
displaying 6 sets (groupings, not NSSets)  consisting of a label with slider and
textview, both bound to an ivar.

It seems so simple: create a custom view with one set, duplicate it to make 6
such custom views, and place them all into another custom view.
I'm not advanced enough to understand why there's a discussion.

On the other hand, there seems to be interest in more complex ways, which
implies that there are advantages in them that I don't see. Specifically, I
don't see advantage in going on with collection views or boxes, and I don't
know what you would do with a subclass (of what?).

What am I missing? It must be elementary.