On Mar 2, 2013, at 1:17 PM, "Mills, Steve" <smi...@makemusic.com> wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2013, at 15:06, "Kyle Sluder" <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
>
>> The documentation is pretty clear about how NSDocument's default
>> implementation works. -[NSDocument
>> runModalPrintOperation:delegate:didPrintSelector:context:] is what actually
>> messages the delegate with the didPrintSelector. As long as you are calling
>> that method with those arguments (either directly or by calling super in
>> your override of -printDocumentWithSettings…), the delegate will be messaged
>> appropriately.
>
> But I'm not calling runModalPrintOperation, nor do I want to, because we need
> to do something completely different at this point.

That's relevant information that you should really mention upfront.

> This is the reason I'm overriding printDocumentWithSettings in the first
> place. I just need to know how to call the selector like I stated before.

There are two ways:

1. Cast objc_msgSend to (void)(id, SEL, id, BOOL, void*) and call it with the
correct arguments.

2. Build an NSInvocation and invoke it. You will probably want to create a
dummy implementation of the didPrintSelector so you can get its method
signature via -methodSignatureForSelector:.

--Kyle Sluder