On Mar 6, 2013, at 1:49 PM, M Pulis <tooth...@fastq.com> wrote:

> Fine,
>
> Good rehearsal, but we are not the folks you need support from.

I was unaware you spoke for the entire list. I had thought it wasn't too far of
a stretch to think that someone somewhere (outside of Apple themselves) might
be subscribed to this list that might have a similar need and/or have solved it
already. If I truly am the only developer writing security-related apps, then I
suppose I ought to be able to stay employed a while longer... ;-)

> If it was easy, Google would have it listed or someone here would have
> quickly replied.

What Google returned in searching was a a number of similar conversations
elsewhere in which a few vocal people didn't even attempt to answer the
question, but instead tried to rake the question-asker over the coals merely
for not "recognize[ing] the fundamental stupidity of the requirement and drop
it." Finding zero answers elsewhere, I posted here.

I appreciate the opinions of those vocal few who essentially are saying that OS
X has security holes which shouldn't be closed, and anyone needing such are not
only inconsiderate to their users, but should go elsewhere and use other more
secure operating systems. Now I personally don't believe any of that -- I
believe that OS X is a great platform for security-related apps, and that there
is a solution out there for this problem. (And there appears to be -- thank you
for the couple of people who shall remain anonymous who contacted me offline
while I was writing this response).

> You have a special need, that's fine and what DTS is all about. Go for it.

Again, good advice. I'll will pursue this direction.

Cheers,

Brad