On Mar 16, 2013, at 4:14 AM, Jean Suisse wrote:

> To be user-friendly my app would need to use per-user preferences and global
> preferences (i.e. that applies to all users). The former I can manage. The
> later… well, short of coding a helper tool just for dealing with preferences
> storage, I have no idea on how to proceed. I would rather avoid that since it
> would be a huge step back compared to the developer-frendliness of
> NSUserDefaults.
>
> According to you, what would be the best course of action ? Should I write
> into my application's bundle ?

You best bet is likely to turn to Core Foundation, which has built-in support
for not only multi-user but also multi-computer:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFPreferences/CFPreferences.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/10000129-SW1

You will likely need to programmatically synchronize the CF prefs with the user
prefs if you want to use them with NSUserDefaults.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.