On Mar 22, 2013, at 1:51 PM, Quincey Morris
<quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:

> Note that you can likely just remove the ivar declaration completely, or at
> worst move it to the @implemenation statement instead. There's really no need
> to put a private ivar in a public interface file any more.

In this case this is a property though isn't it and not a private instance
variable? It is synthesized in .m so there are public getters and setters. I'm
a bit confused as I thought a synthesized property would require it to be
declared in .h or it wouldn't compile.

> If you're going through the code cleaning things up, I'd also suggest you
> take the trouble to add 'nonatomic' to your properties generally,

I don't have any need to worry about multi-threading so is your suggestion to
declare nonatomic for speed since the default of atomic is overkill?

> or to add an explicit 'atomic' in only those cases where atomicity is
> required and (for custom accessors) actually implemented.

Do you mean to add 'atomic' by not declaring 'nonatomic'? I just read that
'atomic' is not an actual keyword and will cause a crash... but that thread was
from '09 -->
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/588866/atomic-vs-nonatomic-properties

> By chance, did those 3 files have the ivars for the properties synthesized --
> not explicitly declared?

Not sure I follow you. Each followed the same structure - declared in
@interface, designated with their own @property and then synthesized in .m. I
didn't think there was any other option when declaring synthesized properties,
however I still have much to learn.

CT