On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:31:28 +0100, Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org> said:
>> If you want a button in the UINavigationBar to do something other than "go
>> back", don't use a back button.
>
>I should just go back. I don't want to change that.
>It's just about the "how" - the animation.

Sorry, but why? Seriously, this is a well-established convention: "back" =
"slide the top view out to right and the back view in from the left". And
that's what the built-in back button does: it simply calls
popViewControllerAnimated:. This is extraordinarily convenient (a button that
does exactly the right thing with no code); why would anyone reject it?

If you insist on an different animation, then I can only repeat my suggestion
that in that case you not use the built-in back button, since what it does is
what it does.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!