On Mar 24, 2013, at 15:16 , Pax <45rpmli...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Ah.  I shall have to look that up.  Do you know of any good examples for view
> based tables?

Not really. You can work through the Apple documentation:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/TableView/Introduction/Introduction.html

Much of the information is there, but it's woefully inadequate, particularly in
regard to view identifiers, custom cell views, and bindings within cell views
(as opposed to binding from cell views to the data model).

> As to the backtrace:

That looks unsurprising. In particular, after the table view passed the
mouse-down to the popup button, it didn't get involved again later.

Are you sure the action method isn't being called twice, with different
senders? With the breakpoint in place, you can do "po sender" in the debugger
whenever it breaks, and the result will tell you the actual class of 'sender'.
Then click the Continue button to see if you get to the breakpoint again.