On 4/3/13 6:42 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:
bounds and center are correct at all times. However, I need the view's frame
in screen coordinates because I'm positioning an independent overlay window,
not a subview. Since the transformation messes with -convertRect:from/toView:
in my view hierarchy, I have no idea how to get to the frame I'm interested
in. Any ideas?

It might be easier just not to work with the frame at all. I suspect you can use
'convertPoint:…' on the center to get to the coordinate system you need for the
attached view, then use that and the bounds to compute the attached view's
center and bounds.

I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion!

Regards
Markus