On Apr 5, 2013, at 12:25:05, Peng Gu <pan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a custom button, which was added as a subview of a textview. And I
> want the cursor to be changed to arrowCursor instead of the beam cursor
> when hover on the button.
>
> So I added tracking area. The cursorUpdate method was indeed called, but
> the cursor was still the beam cursor. It seems the cursor was changed back
> to beam cursor after cursorUpdate method was called.
>
> Any ideas?

I had a similar problem, and the only solution I found was to keep track of
whether or not the cursor was in the subview, then in the superview, check that
state and NOT set the cursor there if it was true. So, if the superview is not
one of your custom subclasses, you'd make it a subclass just so you can do
that. Hopefully there's a better solution, because this one is very icky.

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek