I have a textview that is binding to Core data, I want to be able to
highlight the selected text in the textview.

*[self.textStorage addAttribute:NSBackgroundColorAttributeName value:[
NSColor yellowColor] range:self.selectedRange];*

The code above works, but core data won't save the attributes changes
unless I type some words in the Textview. Calling moc to commit editting
doesn't save the changes too.

*[aManagedObjectContext commitEditing];*

*[aManagedObjectContext save:&error];*

I also tried to set the value of the object in Core data after adding the
attributes, but *[aManagedObject setValue:text forKey:@"text"] *will make
the textview lose focus.

Is there any way to force the core data to save the changes immediately? Or
any better way to highlight selected text in NSTextview, like addFontTrait:
used by Bold, Italic Menu Items?

Thanks,

- Peng

*