On Wednesday, 24. April 2013 at 1:28, Ken Thomases wrote:

Hi Ken,
> It's not clear if you tried to use [self invalidateShadow] instead of all
> three lines or just instead of the last two. The shadow shape is computed
> from the visible content of the window. That's why there's a call to -display
> there, to make sure the visible content is up to date. However, I would
> expect that using [self invalidateShadow] after a call to display would be at
> least as effective as toggling the hasShadow property and would possibly
> avoid the flicker.

yes, I tried to use [self invalidateShadow]. Flickering is less frequent
sometimes, but it's still there. And what's much worse is that [self
invalidateShadow] produces ugly artifacts sometimes. Shadow rectangle at the
top with height of +-20px, etc. In my case, I have to set it to NO/YES to have
100% correct shadow.
> Why are you setting the window not to have a shadow here?

Yeah, you're right. It was copy & paste of code after experiments. Yes, I've
got setHasShadow:YES there.

Regards,
Robert

P.S. Anyone does know why the shadow is not drawn around subview where I have
wantsLayer = YES? See this … http://d.pr/i/q71h The structure is …

window (NSView)
 + contentView (NSView)
   - status view (NSView)
   - user selection view (NSView with wantsLayer = YES => no shadow)
   - photos view (NSView)
   - ...

… I do not need layer for this view and actually no view has wantsLayer set to
YES, asking just because I'm curious why the shadow is not drawn at all in this
case.