On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:10 AM, Pax <45rpmli...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am writing a program that I hope to get into the App Store.  During
> testing, all went well - no errors, no crashes, nothing to be concerned
> about.  Having Archived it, and exported a Developer ID-signed Application
> (for further testing), I find myself facing a rather annoying problem.  My
> program still works correctly (no crashes or problems of that nature), but
> the console is showing the following error on a regular basis:
>
> 25/04/2013 13:02:06.100 sandboxd[701]: ([458]) DeviceInfo(458) deny
> hid-control
>
> How can I track down what is causing this 'deny hid-control' error?  The full
> report leaves me none the wiser:
[…]
> 8   Ink                               0x00007fff963645eb -[InkContext
> inspectEvent:] + 929

You've turned on Ink, and Ink is attempting to send HID events, which the
sandbox is striking down. This is normal, and there is no workaround because
Apple refuses to allow sandboxed apps to send HID events. In the past, using
Ink also blocked sandboxed apps from receiving mouse-up events, though I think
that bug has been fixed by now.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>