On 2 May 2013, at 02:16, Quincey Morris <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com>
wrote:

> On May 1, 2013, at 11:52 , "Gerriet M. Denkmann" <gerr...@mdenkmann.de> wrote:
>
>> The Array Controller has it's content bound to some array of dictionaries,
>> which have the keys "Name" and "Image".
>> The table view's content is bound to Array Controller arrangedObjects. The
>> only TableColumn is not bound to anything.
>> The Image View of the Table Cell View has it's Value bound to Table Cell
>> View objectValue.Image.
>> The Static Text of the Table Cell View has it's Value bound to Table Cell
>> View objectValue.Name.
>>
>> But still - the table remains empty.
>
> What kind of empty?
Completely.
> Are there any rows?
Can't see any.
> Can you select rows by clicking on them, even if their content is blank?
No, there really seem to be no rows at all.

> Are you sure there aren't any exception or other messages in the Console log
> that you didn't see?
No exceptions in Xcode - none in Console.app.

> You could try temporarily unbinding the image and text properties of the cell
> view, so that they should display whatever they're showing in IB. That might
> give a clearer idea of whether it's the binding from the table to the array
> controller that's at fault, or the bindings from the cell subviews to the
> cell view.
Did unbind both image and name. Still no rows.

> Do you still have a 'tableView:objectValue…' method, or do you set
> objectValue in 'tableView:viewWithIdentifier…'? Neither should be necessary
> when using the table view binding to the array controller.
I had "-tableView: viewForTableColumn: row:" - have just removed it. Still no
rows.

> Is your cell view a subclass of NSTableCellView, or something else? Are you
> trying to use the built-in (design-time) table cell view, or have you
> registered a nib to provide the cell views?
Just a plain NSTableCellView.

> Are you sure you're using the correct view identifier in
> 'tableView:viewWithIdentifier…'? Are you sure 'makeViewWithIdentifer:' isn't
> returning nil?
Can't find the method: 'tableView:viewWithIdentifier…'. But
makeViewWithIdentifier:... is never called. It was used in
...viewForTableColumn:... which was never called and has just been removed.
I guess this is the root of the problem: I do not know where to call
makeViewWithIdentifier.
But do I need to? both things in the NSTableCellView have bindings already.

> Are you sure this is a table view issue, and not a KVO compliance issue with
> the property that's supplying the array controller content?
        id g = [ self.arrayController arrangedObjects ];        //
_NSControllerArrayProxy
        NSLog(@"%s arrangedObjects %ld ",__FUNCTION__, [g count]);
prints 39 as expected. So the array controller is not empty. It also contains
correct objects.

Just bound the image to "objectValue.AbsoluteNonsense" and did not get any
error messages. Is this normal?

Well - will try more tomorrow. It is almost three in the morning an I am tired.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Gerriet.