Dear list,

I'm exploring the use of NSSharingService for emailing (sharing) documents from
within my app. It's working fine if the system's default mail client is set to
Mail.app. But if it's set to, for example, Thunderbird, nothing happens.

I also confirmed the same behavior from the Share menu in Pages.app. Works fine
for Mail.app, but not for any other mail client I tried. The user is not
notified, just nothing happens.

Is this a bug or a feature?

I really wish there was a solid way to send a mail from within an app on OS X.
With the whole sandbox/applescript debacle, I was hoping that NSSharingService
would at least work well on 10.8, but, apart from the 'bug' described above,
there seems to be no way to set the recipients or subject of the mail.

Hoping for enlightenment,

Martin