On May 30, 2013, at 18:44:46, Shane Stanley <sstan...@myriad-com.com.au> wrote:

> Have you looked at -nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:? As in:
>
>       NSEvent *event;
>       while ((event = [NSApp nextEventMatchingMask:NSAnyEventMask
> untilDate:nil inMode:NSDefaultRunLoopMode dequeue:YES]))
>       {
>               [NSApp sendEvent: event];
>               event = nil;
>       }

Just tried it. Didn't work. I also used NSEventTrackingRunLoopMode, since
that's the current run loop when tracking a menu. I wish Apple had more people
on these lists that can give definitive answers to our questions. It sure would
help to know how Apple does it, or even better, be able to call something like
[menuItem flashAndCancelTracking].

--
Steve Mills
office: 952-818-3871