I am using the following code (url changed, but it is a .txt file)

NSString* tleAddress = @"http://www.somesite.com/somefile.txt";;

NSURLRequest* tleRequest = [NSURLRequest requestWithURL:[NSURL
URLWithString:tleAddress] cachePolicy:0 timeoutInterval:5.0];

NSURLResponse* tleResponse = nil;

NSError* tleError = nil;

NSData* tleData = [NSURLConnection sendSynchronousRequest:tleRequest
returningResponse:&tleResponse error:&tleError];

NSString* tleString = [[[NSString alloc] initWithData:tleData
encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding] autorelease];

This works fine on my test systems and the vast majority of my customer's
systems. I am able to open the URL in Safari and see that it is a raw text
file.

tleString comes back with the correct text.

However, on some customer's systems, despite NSError not showing anything
wrong, I get:

^M\n<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN"^M\n"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>^M\n<html>^M\n<h
ead>^M\n<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1">^M\n<title>Untitled Document</title>^M\n<script
language="javascript">^M\n    var loc = escape(document.location.href);^M\n
//var ref = escape(document.referrer);^M\n    var newLoc =
"/redirect.asp?loc=" + loc;^M\n
y>^M\n</html>^M

I have no idea where this is coming from as it is certainly not in the file.
The customer is not using a proxy or firewall and it happens in two
different locations (so it could be related to the machine rather than the
internet).

Ideas?

Thanks,

Trygve