I've reviewed the AppPrefs source on developer.apple.com and am interested in
creating a small set of shared data accessible for all apps on our iOS devices.

With this in mind, it would be nice to have a little app that has a preference
pane that contains some specifics, but have these items also available to other
apps that care to read them (or write to them).

Is a proper approach to use NSUserDefaults and then populate an app's bundle
that contains the root.pList when the preference pane is displayed, or is this
not possible based on how preferences work?

Just looking for advice on the possible paths to take or if any of my
assumptions are completely off base.

If sandboxing prevents this, may it burn forever in the fire of a thousand suns.

Cheers.