On 2013 Jul 03, at 10:23, Chris Paveglio <chris_paveg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to understand it and I would like to remove the Carbon framework
> dependencies in it.

As I understand it, the box surrounding "Carbon" is fuzzy.  There are even some
API documents with "Carbon" in their names whose functions are going to be
around forever.

To answer your question, I think the procedure is…

* In your main target and its target dependencies,
  * Set the SDK to "Latest Mac OS X".
  * Set the architecture to x86_64.
* Clean your project, so that everything will be recompiled.
* Analyze your project (⇧⌘B).

After it's done, look at the newly-produced Build log in the Logs navigator.
Any deprecated or no-longer-existing functions and types should be listed as
warnings and errors.  Fix and repeat.

Even the two functions you mentioned may in fact turn out to be OK.  I don't
think that the "OSStatus" type is going away.