On Jul 18, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2013, at 11:58 , Keary Suska <cocoa-...@esoteritech.com> wrote:
>
>> Posting in hopes that someone has run into this case and figured it out.
>
> There used to be a bug in text field undo in a somewhat similar case (though
> I don't remember whether it involved using separate undo managers for the
> text fields) and it's quite possible it's never been fixed.
>
> The workaround was to intermediate a NSObjectController between the data
> model and the text field. This basically does nothing, except perhaps the
> object controller's commitEditing had a side effect that kept undo from
> misbehaving.

Thank you very much for responding--I am sorry to say that it was my own
stupidity. I was simply forgetting to re-register on undo/redo. I was thrown by
NSUndoManager presuming there is a redo even though there wasn't one
registered, though I can't blame the API for this problem--as much as I want to
;-)

Thanks,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.