I'd like to hear some arguments / opinions / essays on storage of the value
passed as context:(void*), not just in addObserver:, but in general - so,
including things like beginAnimations:context: and
sortedArrayUsingFunction:context:.

Must it always be an external variable? Must it always be stored as a void*? I
know there's a standard pattern where it's an external pointing to its own
storage:

    static void* const MYCONTEXT = (void*)&MYCONTEXT;

Is this the only safe/sensible storage? Could it be an actual object, cast back
and forth between id and void*? Could it be stored as an ivar? Thx as always -
m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 6! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920029717.do