Have you tried any of these?

reloadSections:withRowAnimation

reloadRowsAtIndexPaths, perhaps?  Or reloadSectionIndexTitles?

Set an observer to the data record that is being used to populate that cell,
then create a little method in your TV class that is triggered when that data
value changes.  Then within that method, issue the appropriate reload:

[self.tableView reloadSections: mySectionIndexPath withRowAnimation:
UITableViewRowAnimationNone        ]

or

[self.tableView reloadSectionIndexTitles];

or

NSArray *mySectionIndex = [NSArray arrayWithObject[thatIndexPathForThisSection]]
[ self.tableView reloadRowsAtIndexPath: mySectionIndex withRowAnimation:
UITableViewRowAnimationNone];

Not sure if reloading a cell that is a section header will really do a refresh
on it, but it looks like reloadSectionIndexTitles sure will.

GL.