On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 12:03:01 +0200, Vanni Parronchi said:

>hi everyone,
>
>I'm writing a mac osx app that needs to talk to a serial device.

Have you considered using the open source AMSerialPort class?  It doesn't use
GCD, but does have an NSThread option.  It could probably be retrofitted to use
GCD also... which I have been thinking I might one day have time to do...

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com