iOS.

I have a Core Data entity called "Job." It creates a transient object
"Processor" and has a strong reference to it. The Processor can consume a fair
bit of memory.

A Job also has zero or more Sweeps.

My app has a notion of an active job, of which there's only one at any given
time, and there's a strong reference from the main view controller to this
activeJob.

I'm having a hard time getting my app to deallocate unreferenced Job objects,
at least in my main MOC. I may have fetched a Job and its associated Sweeps,
but once I no longer need that job, I want it to go away. It seems that Core
Data hangs on to it strongly.

I've tried calling -refreshObject:mergeChanges: on it, but that only seems to
reduce the retain count on my object by one. It could be each Sweep holds onto
the Job, too, but the examined retain counts seem higher than those would
account for.

What I really want is for Core Data to just let my objects go when I'm no
longer strongly referencing them. Memory is tight and I need it to purge stuff.
Just can't seem to get it to.

--
Rick