Correction: I'm not using

- (NSToolbarItem *)toolbar:(NSToolbar *)toolbar itemForItemIdentifier:(NSString
*)itemIdentifier willBeInsertedIntoToolbar:(BOOL)flag

but other than that, same usage as you.

On 09.08.2013, at 13:22, Pax <45rpmli...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I think that this might be a weird one.  I've read the documentation,
> and I've implemented a toolbar for my document based application.  For the
> most part, it works perfectly but its settings don't seem to be getting
> saved.
>
> For example:
> 1. If I have x many windows open and I add an item to the tool bar of one of
> the windows then the toolbar of all of the windows will be updated correctly
> (as I expect)
> 2. If I then open another document window then that window will contain the
> default set of items only, and not the additional item that I added in the
> last step.
> 3. If I then add the item to the window that I just opened it will have one
> instance of the item, and all the other windows will have two instances of
> the item.
> 4. If I then quit the application and reload it, all windows will return to
> having the default set of items only.
>
> Clearly, this behaviour (except step 1) is wrong.  Can anyone suggest what I
> might have messed up?
>
> My tool bar settings are as follows:
>    [toolbar setAllowsUserCustomization:YES];
>    [toolbar setAutosavesConfiguration:YES];
>    [toolbar setDisplayMode:NSToolbarDisplayModeIconOnly];
>    [toolbar setDelegate:self]; //I suspect that this might not be needed
>

> I have implemented the following (as per the documentation):
> - (BOOL) validateToolbarItem: (NSToolbarItem *) toolbarItem
> - (NSToolbarItem *)toolbarItemWithIdentifier:(NSString *)identifier
>                                       label:(NSString *)label
>                                 paleteLabel:(NSString *)paletteLabel
>                                     toolTip:(NSString *)toolTip
>                                      target:(id)target
>                                 itemContent:(id)imageOrView
>                                      action:(SEL)action
>                                        menu:(NSMenu *)menu
> - (NSToolbarItem *)toolbar:(NSToolbar *)toolbar
> itemForItemIdentifier:(NSString *)itemIdentifier
> willBeInsertedIntoToolbar:(BOOL)flag
> - (NSArray *)toolbarDefaultItemIdentifiers:(NSToolbar *)toolbar
> - (NSArray *)toolbarAllowedItemIdentifiers:(NSToolbar *)toolbar
>
> For any help you can offer, I am most grateful!
>
> This email sent to michael.sta...@hicknhack-software.com

___m i c h a e l   s t a r k e____
       geschäftsführer
       HicknHack Software GmbH
       www.hicknhack-software.com

___k o n t a k t____
       +49 (170) 3686136
       cont...@hicknhack.com

___H i c k n H a c k   S o f t w a r e   G m b H____
       geschäftsführer - maik lathan | andreas reischuck | michael starke
       bayreuther straße 32
       01187 dresden
       amtsgericht dresden HRB 30351
       sitz - dresden