On Thu, Aug 15, 2013, at 09:33 AM, Izak van Langevelde wrote:
> I wasted some time trying to use auto layout to maintain the layout of a
> form, to make sure that fields are horizontally resized with the form,
> while labels maintain their size. However, when two fields are sitting
> next to each other, having the same priority, only one of them resizes
> with the form.  Is there any documentation around that specifies how
> layout constraints are resolved?

That's the canonical example of an ambiguous layout. You use priorities
to tell the auto layout system which views to resize.

Have you read the Cocoa Auto Layout Guide?
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AutolayoutPG/Articles/Introduction.html

--Kyle Sluder