So what's the actual error (the title of the email seems incomplete)?

If NSProxy is the receiver, that's most likely the NSProxy that NSUndoManager
returns from -prepareWithInvocationTarget: The proxy should forward absolutely
everything to the NSUndoManager, except possibly certain messages that for some
reason it is excluding for reasons of its own. If you can determine exactly
what the message is, look for the same one following a
-prepareWithInvocationTarget: and you should have your culprit.

Debugging Undo issues can be a real PITA, which is one reason I wrote a drop-in
replacement, GCUndoManager (http://apptree.net/gcundomanager.htm). It gives you
the chance to at least see what's going on even though its implementation is
very different from NSUndoManager's.

--Graham