Dear list,

I have an iOS app that loads a local html file into a UIWebView.

The content is quite large, about 1MB, it is the full text of a law.

By tapping a button, users can reveal the number of published court rulings for
each of the law's articles.

As this data changes frequently, a list that has a court ruling count for each
article is downloaded from a web service.

The web service returns the list lightning fast, but in order to get the count
number added to each of the >300 articles html <h4> header, I am looping
through the list and call NSString's
stringByReplacingOccurancesOfString:withString: on each item.

There must be a more efficient way to update the html string loaded from the
local file, obviously doing more than 300 of these replace actions is slow and
inefficient.

Does anybody here know of a better way to handle this?

Many thanks!

diederik