I hate it when Thunderbird manages to throw away the content of the mails I
send to the list! Let's try again...

Il giorno 12/set/2013, alle ore 11:35, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> ha
scritto:

> Here's some code for which the Analyser reports "potential leak of an object
> stored into 'eventTypes'". I don't see it.
>
> I didn't write this code, so I'm reluctant to change it even though I would
> have written it a bit differently. mEventTypes is an ivar.
>
> - (void)setEventTypes:(NSDictionary*)eventTypes
> {
>    if (eventTypes != mEventTypes)
>    {
>        [mEventTypes release];
>        mEventTypes = [eventTypes retain];
>    }
>    InitializePrefsForEventTypeNames();
> }
>
> - (NSDictionary*)eventTypes
> {
>    if (mEventTypes == nil)
>    {
>        [self loadNib];
>
>        NSDictionary* eventTypes = [self newEventTypes];
>        [self setEventTypes:eventTypes];
>        [eventTypes release];
>    }
>
>    return mEventTypes;    //<----- analyser complains here
> }

is there a [mEventTypes release] in -dealloc?

Otherwise, this might be the "potential" problem it complains about:
-eventTypes can create a new object which never goes away (since its name
doesn't imply a +1 return, the caller is not supposed to release it).

--
Simone Tellini
http://tellini.info/