I have a Helper Tool, running as root, started via SMJobBless and communicating
vie Xpc.

Sometimes it does:

[[NSOperationQueue mainQueue] addOperationWithBlock:^
        {
                NSDistributedNotificationCenter *d = [
NSDistributedNotificationCenter defaultCenter ];
                NSLog(@"%s will postNotificationName on %@",__FUNCTION__,d);
                //      prints: <CFNotificationCenter 0x7f9f....
                NSDictionary *notificationInfo = ....
                [ d             postNotificationName:   @"some notification"
                                object:
@"some name"
                                userInfo:
notificationInfo
                ];
        }
];

But now one ever receives this.

This used to work before I switched to SMJobBless and Xpc.

Why is this not working anymore?

Gerriet.

P.S. I did not see anything in the documentation indicating that the
NSDistributedNotificationCenter does only work on the main thread.
This is just some blind groping in the dark.