On Sep 14, 2013, at 16:58 , David Duncan <david.dun...@apple.com> wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2013, at 7:37 AM, vipgs99 <vipg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So do I need replace all int to NSInteger?
>
> Technically no, but generally you do need to evaluate every usage of data
> types of a specific width and ensure that in 64-bit mode you won’t exceed the
> bounds of what an int can store.

I’d say use long or NSInteger in APIs, but in storage store only what you
actually need.  The transition guide actually has one of the examples I
ferreted out:  using 64 bit integers for every part of a struct representing
date components. So 64 bit year, 64 bit month (range 1-12), 64 bit day (range
1-31), 64 bit hour, 64 bit minute, 64 bit second.

64 bit doubles per color component may also be overkill, by about a factor of
six.

> It is more common to err on the safe side instead and simply use NSInteger
> instead however.

Alas, this is true.

Marcel