On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:52:05 -0600, Keary Suska said:

>I appreciate the feedback--I am more looking for general feedback by
>fellow developers about either canonical forms or useful conventions in
>situations where using an ivar-backed attribute is determined to be
>useful, rather than to address a specific problem.

An ivar-backed attribute in an NSManagedObject subclass?  As opposed to an
attribute in the xcdatamodel itself?  If so, I have found little use for them,
and generally prefer to use transient attributes, since they participate in the
"free" undo support.  On occasion, I'll use an ivar to get out of undo support
actually.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com