In my app I am using a 3rd party framework, and I have subclassed (objB) one of
the classes (objA) for additional functionality.

At one point I am getting an NSCountedSet from the framework with objects objA.
 When I enumerate these, I'd like to cast them as objB, to access the
additional functionality (doSomethingNew).  But whatever I try, the objects are
always casted as objA.

 NSCountedSet *cs = [framework countSymbols];

        for (objB *obj in cs)
        {
            NSDictionary *ec = [objB doSomethingNew];  <<== throws error,
because objA doesn't know about doSomethingNew

        //      etc
        }

or:

 NSCountedSet *cs = [framework countSymbols];

        for (id *obj in cs)
        {
            NSDictionary *ec = [((ObjB*) obj) doSomethingNew];  <<== throws
error, because objA doesn't know about doSomethingNew

        //      etc
        }

Is it possible what I am trying to do?

- Koen.