Hi all,

I understand the issue with NSError output parameters and ARC, and that it
automatically 'adds' an __autoreleasing, but I'm wondering what is the
recommended way to declare NSError output parameters in new code these days:

1) No decorations, ex:

- (BOOL)foobar:(NSError **)outError;

2) 'out' tag, ex NSKeyValueCoding.h

- (BOOL)validateValue:(inout id *)ioValue forKey:(NSString *)inKey error:(out
NSError **)outError;

3) explicit __autoreleasing

- (BOOL)foobar:(NSError * __autoreleasing *)outError;

Which is preferable?  I'm interested both in term of correctness and
style/coding standards.

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com